Website PMVA Inc.
A Supervisor at PMVA is responsible to oversee the workforce at an operations level. They will assist in providing consistency in the performance and behavior of all employees. They will ensure that staff work together in achieving the objective of the company – to deliver high quality BPO services to a global Real Estate industry. A Supervisor will provide assistance in making sure that the operation floor is in order. They help operations by making sure that staff follow our high standards and are doing the right thing consistently. They will work closely with multiple departments and will be guided by the Operations Manager.
1. Welcome, engage and supervise employees in operations.
2. Manage attendance, report absentees, answer inbound employee calls, complain daily reports and follow through with the HR Department any formal action.
3. Manage employee participation in all company activities and administer discipline accordingly when necessary.
4. Floorwalk 6 hours a day in their assigned zone to ensure employees are following and adhering to company standards and protocols.
5. Monitor and supervise employees’ compliance with operational procedures and company rules and regulations.
6. Make sure employees cooperate with company initiated employee engagement.
7. Make sure English Only Policy is observed (Global Standards for BPO) within the company premises including but not limited to group chat, email, skype, verbal, etc.
8. Manage employees’ breaks, lunches and bio beaks to ensure no one is misusing or going on overbreaks. Schedule must run perfectly.
9. The Supervisor will administer discipline accordingly on the spot when necessary, report in our HR system, and will conduct informal coaching when required. They will also follow through with the HR Department any formal action.
10. Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports to be submitted to their superiors.
11. Enforce strict employee uniform policy and maintain operational decorum.
12. Review performance results of employees in coordination with the company Results Coaches.
13. Coordinate with the HR department in regards to employee’s behavioral concerns.
14. Create reports and update KPI summaries on all employee’s performance including attitude.
15. Make sure employees attend their work on time on a daily basis.
16. Engage with all employees at the end of shift with thanks.
17. Embody an attitude of gratitude at all times.
18. Must display an understanding of the physical and mental aspects of a Supervisor role.
19. Be willing to give disciplinary action when required.
20. Submit to taking initiative with leading employees and maintaining the company’s culture of a positive working environment.
Minimum Job Requirement:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree, graduate of any 4 years course with relevant experience.
2. Work Experience: at least 1 year relevant experience in supervising employees preferably in industrial or manufacturing industry
3. Skills: Excellent in multi-tasking, time management, analytical and leadership skills; Ability to converse in English both written and verbal; Team management skills; Ability to be highly organized and work under a high pressure environment; HR Knowledge specifically employee relations is preferred but not required